©  St Dunstan’s      Registered Charity  No. 1153869              Sitemap                        Privacy and Cookies                                                                        Design by Jamadar

St Dunstan’s

Monks Risborough, Buckinghamshire, England

St Dunstan's

Where can I get married?

To marry in a particular Church of England church, you have to have what is called a ‘qualifying connection’ to that church.

You can marry in a given Church of England church if you can show that one of you:


That one of your parents, at any time after you were born:


That one of your parents or grandparents:

If you don’t already fulfil any of the above requirements, you can establish a connection by regularly attending your chosen church’s usual services for six consecutive months before your Banns of Marriage (public notice of your intention to marry) are due to be called.  In practice, this means from around nine months before the date of the marriage.

Where can I find out more?

The Church of England’s website www.yourchurchwedding.org is dedicated to all things wedding-related, which should include plenty of information that you may find useful.

To contact us, the best way to start is to come along to a service on a Sunday. After the service you can speak to Peter, our vicar, and he will arrange to send you all the preliminary information and legal information that you will need to consider before meeting again to discuss things in more detail. You can also contact him on 01844 274771, or at revpetergodden@outlook.com.

Getting Married at St. Dunstan’s or St. Peter’s

Getting Married